We are currently seeking compassionate and highly motivated individuals who value exceptional client service in addition to outstanding patient care. We take a collaborative approach to care, with a focus on open communication. The ideal candidate will:
- Easily communicate with clients on all aspects of pet health.
- Be passionate about animal wellness and play a vital role in providing quality medicine.
- Show confidence in handling multiple tasks in sometimes stressful situations.
- Be a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills.
- Support veterinarians and other staff in daily patient and client care.
- Provide professional, efficient, and exceptional service at all times. This includes completing preparatory work for other procedures, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the clinic.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sanitary and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Two years’ experience as a veterinarian technician.
- Must possess proper animal handling and restraint skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old to perform duties including radiography (x-ray).
- Able to stand, walk, stop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 45 pounds.
- High School diploma
The candidates for this position may be exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
South 40 Veterinary Hospital offers a competitive salary.
- Employee discount
- Paid time off (Full-time ONLY)
- Health Insurance (Full-time ONLY)
- Monday to Friday
- On call