At South 40 Veterinary Hospital, we offer a variety of services to care for your pet. If you have any questions or would like more information on how we can care for your pet, please contact us today.
We truly believe in the importance of preventive care for your companions, especially vaccines.
Not every pet needs to be vaccinated against every disease. It depends on your location and your pets’ lifestyle, so it is important to discuss it with your veterinarian. There are many vaccines available, but together we can decide which are the most important for your pets.
The vaccines listed below are just some of the vaccines that we do offer and their descriptions. If you have any further questions please contact us!
- DHLPP (Distemper) Vaccine – Protects dogs against Distemper, Adenovirus type 1 (Hepatitis), Adenovirus type 2 (respiratory), Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus. If your dog is due for a booster, it should ideally be done at least 3 weeks before their stay at a kennel to allow them to build up the best immunity prior to boarding.
- Rabies Vaccine – The rabies vaccine is mandated by state laws and required every 1 or 3 years, depending on the county you live in.
- Leptospirosis Vaccine – Protect dogs from Leptospirosis. This bacterial infection can destroy the kidneys and/or liver. It’s sometimes given in conjunction with the DAPP vaccine, but can also be given on its own. Yearly boosters are then necessary to ensure the best level of protection.
- Bordetella Vaccine (Kennel Cough) – The Bordetella vaccine is given to both puppies and adult dogs. This vaccine helps to ward off a frequent illness that is known as kennel cough. Kennel cough is easily spread from one dog to another and is highly contagious.
- Canine Influenza Virus (dog flu) Vaccine – For dogs that are often around other dogs (such as boarding kennels), protecting them against canine influenza (CIV) is very important. Infection rates are high for dogs that are exposed to the virus and dogs can get very sick from CIV. After the initial series, your dog should receive this vaccine every year, and it ideally needs to be completed at least 2 weeks prior to being boarded.
We are happy to offer microchipping! It’s a simple, safe, and effective way to ensure your pet’s safety and retrieval should they ever become lost.
Microchipping is a standard procedure that implants a tiny chip underneath your pets’ fur. It is a painless and relatively fast procedure and is completely safe. The microchip is registered with your pets’ vital information and can be scanned by any veterinarian or animal shelter so that they can return your pet directly to you. Save yourself the heartache and stress of a lost pet.
We believe the best way to promote overall health is through preventative care. Regular checkups allow us to establish a baseline in your pets’ health and make us aware of any changes that may indicate future problems
A diagnostic test is a type of medical test performed to aid in the diagnosis or detection of a disease. Diagnostic testing is a vital part of detecting health problems and being able to treat them before they worsen.
Our hospital provides a wide variety of in-house diagnostic testing with the most state-of-the-art technology available. It is our goal to provide your pet with the highest level of care possible, and our diagnostic tools help us do that.
If your pet has recently had surgery or been injured, one of the best ways to improve muscle mass and hasten your pets’ recovery is with physical therapy. Our knowledgeable staff can direct you in providing safe, muscle-building exercises for your pet. These exercises may range from simple sit-to-stands to more progressive activities targeting specific muscles or groups of muscles. Whether your pet has had surgery to repair a cruciate ligament and requires rehabilitation therapy, requires a passive range of motion after a back injury, or needs specific stretches for muscle sprains and strains, our staff is ready to work with you to develop a physical therapy program for your pets’ recovery.
We are proud to provide state-of-the-art veterinary surgical procedures. We believe in utilizing the highest level of medical technology, and our surgeons are experienced and highly trained. We also realize that it can be stressful to have your pet undergo surgery. Therefore, our doctors & staff want to assure you that your pet is in great hands and that everything will be done properly to provide the best possible care.
We will communicate with you about the things you need to know before, during, and after your pets’ surgery. It is our goal to make the entire process go smoothly and to eliminate the stress and worry of surgical procedures.